What to Bring to Your Meeting
For your Tax Appointment, don't forget:
- Your prior year's tax return if not done by JMFS, Inc.
- W2's, 1099's, all records of income
- Final paystubs from all jobs you had during the tax year
- Bank, brokerage, and mutual fund tax information
- Your mortgage interest statement(s), including any property taxes paid
- The amount of vehicle license tax you paid. This is the number one most forgotten item!
- The amount you paid out of pocket for medical expense
- The amount you gave to charity. Separate contributions of goods from contributions of money.
- Student loan interest paid.
- Day care information: Name, address, and Tax ID number of each provider, as well as amount paid.
- The amount of any out of pocket, unreimbursed work related expenses you incurred
- If you are self employed, your income, and a categorized list of expenses
- If you're not sure if you should bring something, bring it! It's better to have too much information than not enough.
- For a detailed organizer which you can print and fill out, click here . It is not necessary to complete the organizer. Simply use it as a reminder of things needed to complete your return.
- Existing clients, email Karri for your personal organizer in .pdf format
For an Initial Financial Planning Meeting, please bring
- Last year's tax return if not done by JMFS, Inc
- Statements from any accounts you'd like to discuss
- At this meeting we'll discuss exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish. I'll try to get a good picture of your previous financial planning experiences and your current position. I'll explain more about how I work and how I'm compensated. There is never a charge for this meeting!